- outfall pipe: a pipe (generally a sewer or
drainage pipe) discharging in to the sea or a river.
- intake pipe: a pipe taking water from a river
or other body of water, to drive a mill or supply a canal, waterworks, etc. (IHO
Dictionary, S-32, 5th Edition, 2468)
- sewer: a pipe in a sewage system for carrying
water or sewage to a disposal area.
- bubbler system: a submerged pipe from which
warm water bubbles, preventing the surrounding water from freezing.
- supply pipe: a pipe used for supplying of gas
or liquid product.