- flood barrage gate: an opening gate used to
control flood water.
- caisson: a steel structure used for closing the
entrance of locks, wet and dry docks. (IHO Dictionary, S-32, 5th Edition, 602)
- lock gate: lock gates are the massive hinged
doors at each end of a lock. (adapted from IHO Dictionary, S-32, 5th Edition, 2882)
- dyke gate: an opening gate in a dyke.
- sluice: A sliding gate or other contrivance the level of a body of water by controlling the flow into or out of it. (IHO Dictionary, S-32, 5th Edition, 4783)